WHen and where can i purchase tickets?
Tickets are currently available on Sloan Groups - please click here to purchase your ticket.
What is the conference dress code?
Dress code for the day is business casual.
will any meals be provided?
Yes! A breakfast, lunch and afternoon snacks will be provided. There are also restaurants, cafes and convenience stores in Kendall Square, which is just a few minutes walk from the Media Lab.
who can attend the conference?
Anyone is welcome to attend, you don't need to be affiliated with MIT or Sloan to join. Conference guests will include everyone from current and prospective MIT and MIT Sloan students to people from the professional community who are passionate about diversity in the workplace.
Who do i contact if i have any other questions?
Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you.
How do I get to the conference?
The Fall 2015 Breaking the Mold Conference will take place on the top floor of the Media Lab (MIT Media Lab | Building E14, 75 Amherst Street | Cambridge, MA 02139), with a view of the Charles river and the Boston skyline.
Enter the building through the 75 Amherst Street entrance and take the elevator up to floor 6.
WHAT PARKING OPTIONS ARE THERE FOR THE CONFERENCE?
There are a few public parking facilities near campus which are available for a fee. The approximate cost for an 8-hour stay is listed below (these parking facilities are not operated by MIT, so rates are subject to change without notice).
- 7 Cambridge Center Garage—Ames Street between Broadway and Main Streets—$20.00. This garage is about two blocks away from the Media Lab.
- Marriott Hotel Garage/Cambridge Center—Between Broadway and Ames Streets—$20.00. This garage is about two blocks away from the Media Lab.
- Kendall Square South Garage—350 Kendall Street—view site for current rates. This garage is a 5-10 minute walk from the Media Lab.
- One Broadway Garage—Enter from Third Street. This garage is a 5-10 minute walk from the Media Lab.
- Corner of Massachusetts Avenue and Vassar Street—$9.00. This is about a 10-15 minute walk from the Media Lab.
- University Park—Green and Landsdowne Streets—$15.00. 5 minute walk to Central Square, 15-20 minute walk to the Media Lab.
On-street parking near the Media Lab is extremely rare. Ames Street has limited metered parking and Memorial Drive has free parking, but both are usually full by 8:00am.