Breaking the Mold is an initiative by MIT Sloan Women in Management aimed at starting a conversation about unconscious bias and developing approaches to manage these biases on the road towards equal opportunity for all.
Through a series of events during the fall of 2014 and the annual SWIM conference in February 2015, we hope to spark discussion, reflection and action, with the goal of empowering each member of our community to create organizations and communities that we can feel proud of.
The 2015 Conference Keynote Speakers are:
- Robin Chase. Zipcar & Buzzcar, Founder
- Jan Fields. McDonald's, former President
Other agenda highlights for the conference are:
- Workshop: What policing can teach us about navigating unconscious bias
- Panel: Mentorship in the workplace
- Panel: Role of media in creating and breaking stereotypes
- Panel: Moving mindsets - how industry leaders are bridging the gender gap
- Panel: Beyond quotas - creating truly meritocratic organizations
Learn more about speakers, the conference and the Breaking the Mold initiative atwww.mitbreakingthemold.com.